Friday 12 October 2012

Malala Yousafzai, "A moon in shinning Stars"


Malala Yousafzai is a brave girl of Mangora Sawat,She was born in 1998, Her parents named her Malalai of Maiwand ,A pashtoon poet and warrior woman. She has two younger brothers.

She first come in contact with the world in Jan 2009 by writning in a BBC Urdu blog, She wrote:
“ I had a terrible dream yesterday with military helicopters and the Taleban. I have had such dreams since the launch of the military operation in Swat. My mother made me breakfast and I went off to school. I was afraid going to school because the Taleban had issued an edict banning all girls from attending schools. Only 11 students attended the class out of 27. The number decreased because of Taleban's edict. My three friends have shifted to Peshawar, Lahore and Rawalpindi with their families after this edict.On my way from school to home I heard a man saying 'I will kill you'. I hastened my pace and after a while I looked back if the man was still coming behind me. But to my utter relief he was talking on his mobile and must have been threatening someone else over the phone. ”

Her school was closed and the reaction of young girl is very different from the child of her age, She was disturbed and wants to go back to school, she don't want to waste her time.


Malala was so much inspired by her father, who is a teacher and a poet, She wants to become doctor and  Politician ,Her father encourage her in her dreams,
She got many Awards like:

  • Nominated among five children from the world for International Children Peace Prize in 2011.
  • Pakistan's National Peace Prize on 19th December 2011.
  • The Government Girls Secondary school was renamed in her honour.

No comments:

Post a Comment